Car Rental Terms and Conditions in Crete
By the present rental agreement the company rents out the car mentioned on the first page of the present to the renter. This car fully complies with the lessee’s preferences under the following conditions:
1. The renter received the vehicle in good order and condition, and he must return it in the same condition with all tools, tires and other parts.
2. On the first page the rental time is recorded. If the renter wants to extend the rental he must inform the lessor 24 hours before the arranged returning. The lessor has the right to take the vehicle back from the renter if he does not drive according to the traffic regulations or if he drives against the interest of the lessor.
3 Renter does not acquire any other, whatsoever, right on the vehicle. Any service or replacement of a part or accessory of vehicle during rental must have the owner’s prior approval. Any transgression of the kilometers’ counter by the renter implies his/her prosecution. He is also required to pay for gas during the rental period.
4. The lessor shall not be responsible for damage to any property left or transported by renter or other person in, or upon the vehicle before, during or after the rental or after the return of the vehicle to the lessor’s office.
5. The renter has to take all necessary precautions to avoid theft of the car and its accessories, even when he does not use the car.
6. The lessor has made every effort and taken all precautions to prevent any machine defect and is not responsible for any damage or defect caused by the lessee.
7. Renter shall pay the lessor the sum of: a) FDW (Full Insurance) is extra and costs for categories A, B, C, D 5 euro / day, and for the other categories 7euro / day. b) PAI (Personal Insurance) costs 2 euro / day for all categories c) Additional driver is without any extra charge. d) Baby Seat costs 2 euro / day, GPS 5 euro / day e) Deliveries and collections over time there is a surcharge of 20 euros, The schedule is from 07:00 to 22:00. g) Late return of the vehicle by the customer more than 3 hours will be charged an extra day.
8. Vehicle shall not be used: a) By anyone under age 23 b) By anyone who is not a qualified licensed driver, or by anyone whose licence has been issued within 12 months from rental date, or whose license has been witheld, revold, revoked or suspended within the previous year. c) to instruct an unlicensed person in operation on vehicle d) To carry persons or property for hire e) To carry more persons than it is licensed for. f) To transfer or carry heavy luggage or badly smelling goods, narcotics. g) To tow other cars or trailers. h) In any race test or contest. j) By any person without the advanced authorization of the lessor. k) For any use against the Hellenic Law.outside the island
9) Customers are responsible for and shall pay parking and traffic violations.
10. SAFETY (a) CDW – Gross insurance: The renter has no liability for damage to the car (excluding the tires, the interior and the lower part of the vehicle). when accepting the relevant terms hereof. Prices include mixed CDW security but not full coverage, Vehicle damages caused by the tenant and up to € 500 pay the customer if he / she is not eligible for the FDW-Full Coverage.
11. In case of accident or any other incident the customer is responsible to follow the insurance procedure as set out below: a) Take photos of the accident b) Call the police. c) Obtain names and addresses of any witnesses. d) Do not accept any responsibility or fault for the accident, until the police has found the guilty party. e) Contact immediately by phone or other way, the lessor. f) Obtain all relevant information from the third party or parties (car number, names etc). g) Complete and sign an accident report within 24 hours from the time of the accident h) Send any other documents or information relative to the accident to the lessor.
12. The renter will not be subject to any refund before the expiration of the rental agreement.
13. There is no insurance coverage in all cases that the Greek Traffic Law States so
14. for any damage to the vehicle, the company owes its immediate replacement.
Call us +30 697 035 7000